Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Time

I love this time of year. It is so wonderful, everyone is filled with joy. Except for people in the return line at Walmart. Besides that people are pretty great. I have to ad though that I miss Laurie and Dennis even more this time of year. I have chocked up quite a few times thinking about them. I miss going over to there house, going to see Christmas light with them, Dennis handing us our Christmas money down the sacrament bench, right in the middle of the sacrament. He did this the past couple of years and had a big grin on his face both times. I guess I just miss spending the holidays with them in general. I went to visit aunt Fay yesterday, her comment was does it get any easier. She shared some stories of Laurie's younger years with Brianna and I and of course showered my Children with gifts. It only makes you miss Laurie more because aunt Fay is so wonderful just like Laurie was to everyone. Kyle called her grandma. It was extra special this month when all of the Brown boys got together. We miss Mark and Suzy's family so much so it was so fun to have Mark here at least. The boys really had a great time and I think it should be a tradition. I really appreciated all of the wives giving up there weekend so the boys could be together. On to the kids

Naomi- still runs around without clothes. She is not concerned about the snow outside. She can get her own coat and boots on when it is time to go; so who needs clothes. Tonight I was wrapping presents with the kids in the back and she decided to start unwrapping a couple under the tree. She unwrapped a dolly that grandma Brown and I bought 3 years ago. She loves it. I told her it was for her on Christmas we wrapped it back up together and then she set on the package for a better part of the night and said Na's baby. She loves to pester Kam. She sings with me when I play the piano. Every morning when she wakes up she wants her blankie aunt Farrah made when she was born, her sippy, and a cartoon on. She usually has a hope in her step and says happy a lot. Love it. Naomi also wants to participate in anything we are doing.

Kameron- Has not been feeling really well this week so he has watched a lot of diego. Today we were watching it together and he sang every song. At preschool he got to see Santa. He loved that. The other day I went to the grocery store and only had enough cash in my wallet to get the things on my list. Well he wanted popscicles because we were out and the kids eat them in the bath tub. I told him next time we go to the store he can get popscicles. So a couple of days latter we go to Broulims and the first thing he said when we pull up is yeah popscicles. He has a mind like a hawk. He loves to work on his preschool book and does a great job at it. I was having him do it while I was getting ready the other. I was very impressed. He is not the greatest eater but we are trying to work on it. He pretty much only likes toast, bannanas, peanut butter, bacon, corn dog skin. Such a fun little boy. He brings me joy.

Kyle- has been extra excited this month, because there is an elf at our house, her name is Mrs. Peeps. She hides at night and every morning when Kyle wakes up he goes to find her. She reports back to Santa. I have to say Kyle has been so good this month. He works so hard at his reading and is doing great. I love his desire to keep practicing. Whenever we go out to the house, he wants to get out of the car immediately. He is so excited. But the thing he wants the most with the house is a laundry chute in his room. We are seeing if we can get that to work. A couple of weeks ago he built an awesome book holder with grandpa Carlson for Brianna. I have to say he has a huge heart and loves to share. After Halloween I would ask the kids for a treat, Kam would say no, Brianna would say maybe one, Kyle would say take a handful mom. This is definately one of his gifts. He really does have a huge heart.

Brianna- loves to play the old school nintendo and WII with dad. I am not great at the games so it is really a dad and Brianna thing. She is getting old enough to watch the kids for a little bit. She is really responsible for her age. She always has been. She is growing up to fast. In fact today she was playing with the kids in toys r us and riding lets just say a little kids bike. I told her I was glad to see her on it because I don't want her to grow up so fast. She has an incredible singing voice. I love to hear her sing her pitch is so perfect. Her and I get to sing in Primary in a couple of weeks. She continues to be extra creative playing spy games with the kids and creating awesome houses for all of the kids to play in. She is so smart in school and continues to excel there. I just love having her around, she is my friend.

Dave- I love the man a ton. What can I say. His biggest accomplishment of the month was getting the fish tank and air hockey table lowered into our basement. I think it was a burden off his shoulder. He was very smart about doing it to. He got the hockey table up on two jacks and then tried to drive the yellow trailer under it. I love him tons. His work continues to grow and the people that hire him always have great things to say about him. I love reading the reviews on google. The other day he came home with a fish themed gift basket. It was from one his clients thanking him. It said that they were so glad they hired him' and they appreciated how personable and proffesional he was and that he gave them 100%. I love that Dave takes his work so serious. This kind of stuff always makes a wife feel good. Anyways all is well in our family. Merry Christmas

1 comment: