Sunday, February 23, 2014

Feb. 2014 Love Life

I set the goal in January to start writing in my journal. I am just getting to my journal. I always feel so overwhelmed writing because I am so . behind. We have had a wonderful few months here. Brielle was brought to us and we love her so much. She is truly a joy in our home. She is a very content baby. I get emotional just talking about her because she is so kind. She crys a little when she is hungry but that is about it. After her food, she cues and smiles. I feel like she has so much to tell me. I often wish I could understand. I can feel her little spirit. She is so special. I know she has a mission. We blessed her on Sunday her blessing was so tender. We named her after Laurie. I loved Laurie so much and still miss her everyday. She was someone I could talk to, everyones friend. Full of charity and so gracious, sorry getting emotional so I will go on. It is an honor to have Brielle named after her. In her blessing it touched on this. It said you carry name of your grandmother who has passed, you possess some of her qualities as well as other grandparents. Brielle was blessed with Charity and unconditional love like grandma; a source of light (even in there darkest times you will seek them out.) Non-judgemental (help them improve there lives; enjoy life have joy in life. Strong in gospel & strong testimony; Temple and be sealed. Brielle we love you I can already feel some of these traits from you. Kameron said today (Thursday) mom I could feel the spirit when we blessed Brielle. I haven't told everyone but I could feel it. Like the whole family. I know he felt it. I could feel it to. We finished off the blessing with a luncheon. It was perfect. I really wanted to be the morning to be about the blessing and not getting ready for the luncheon. So everything was ready to go Saturday. *Dave and I are having a great year so far. Dave gave me envelopes with individual dates in them. So at the first of each month I get to open an envelope and find out a special date for the month. Yeah me. I love it January we went to the Celtic River Dance., and tomorrow we go to a basketball game. It makes me feel like an 8 cow women. I love it. Dave has built fires almost everyday this winter. I love to watch him chop wood. Brianna, Naomi and him go out and chop about weekly he looks hot. Naomi drives her car around and Brianna puts the log on and stacks it. They listen to music it is so great. I tried chopping a piece with an ax. It is so hard. Great challenge for everyone out there. Brianna teases Dave about his strength. Holy cow no teasing he is strong, that is hard stuff. Work is going good. I am grateful for the priesthood and that he could bless our baby. It is always so special to hear him use his priesthood. Dave stays busy in his callings. I think he likes his meetings, because even if one person shows up to meeting he seems to stay and visit. There are some great people in our ward can't blame him. As a family we have a scripture reading goal. Dave or I read with Kyle at 6 a.m. he is trying to read the scriptures. We have also gone on a couple of dates with mom and dad the past couple of months to the Chinese acrobats and a basketball game. We spent the night down there it was so fun. *Brianna has really been fun. She loves the baby and helps me a ton when she isn't busy with 5000 things. She is excelling in piano, already on easy hymns and has only taken for a little over a year. She has found two things she really enjoys School plays and volleyball. She is currently rehearsing for a play called night of the living Cryonic dead. She is one of the main people playing a girl scout leader with red hair. She gets to do with with her friend Savanah so that is pretty fun. She will start club volleyball in just a couple of weeks. I have loved her attitude. She is all about being confident and being yourself. she has lots of friend and is so fun to be around. She is bueatiful. I love playing Racko or just hanging out with her. *Kyle just finished his science project for 3rd graders. He is engineered minded. So for his birthday he got a Thames & Kosmo's kit that turns air and power into power. He loves this kind of thing. Dave and him spent 2 hours building a cutter that ran by water and air. There are 10 different things he can build. He will love it. For his birthday he got like 6 different lego sets. He is so good at reading the directions and putting them together. It impresses me. I am excited for this trait he will help me put things together. He also has built a couple of things down at grandpa's lately like a hamster cage holder. He is in a tinkering class. He just loves to figure out how things work and how to build them. Way fun. He is getting so good at his reading and has the goal to finish the book of Mormon this year. He has lots of friends and is enjoying our ward. His birthday party was a blast we had an ice cream bar with different toppings (smarties, candy rocks, gummy bears, red hots, candy corn, animal cookies, chocolate pretzels) he choose the toppings. The kids loved it. They played plinko, pop the balloons, built lego cars gave each kid a sack with a cup of legos and let them build. Then we raced the cars and lastely we dropped legos from the banister onto big lego pieces of paper and kept score. It was pretty fun. Kyle, Dave and grandpa built a killer pinewood derby car this year and we won. It was so exciting. Kyle loves Boise state so we designed the car as a boise state football car. Last year our car was a very cool shark but it didn't race good. So this year we set on the stage to watch the races. We were about the only one on the stage. I wanted to jump up and do a cheerleading move eveytime Kyle raced and his car one. But felt like I needed to show composure so I clapped, but man I was excited for him. All of the kids did great. Kyles fastest time was somewhere around 185 miles per hour. Awesome Dave and Kyle! If Dave wasn't such a great lawyer, he probably could have gone into engineering. He and Kyle are already excited for next years race. Finally I have been proud of Kyle he opens my door and takes good care of me. *Kameron is just doing fantastic in Kindergarten. I think he really likes it. He has some great little friends and went to two birthday parties this weekend. He loves to pick out the presents for the birthday parties. He picked out and make your own airplane for one kid, and the other mom picked out because Kameron wasn't around. He is very thoughtful and I love when family members birthdays come up because I will ask him what he loves about that person and he will just start listing reasons. The greatest part is that each reason is very specific to that person. He really knows why he loves each person individually. He can't wait for his birthday (which isn't until November) and now that the snow has melted he can't wait to go camping and planting the garden. He loves his pumpkins. The other day I was proud of him. We had shells and cheese for dinner and it was hot without being asked he went over to the freezer and got a big glass of ice. He came back and said who needs ice to cool down there dinner. It was so thoughtful. What a kid. He is in love with popsicles the other day dave took him on a date and Kameron didn't understand the concept of getting an ice cream and going upstairs in browlimns to eat it with dad. (he has done it before) all he wanted to do was get popsicles for the whole family. He is also a little gentlemen and holds the door open for people when we go to church. What a cute kid. He has gotten really huggy lately and I love it. *Naomi- is my little free spirit. She loves to wear her princess outfits and loves when her friends come over. (She has decided that underwear is not necessary for some strange reason) and I often have to remind her to go get it on. (like I said she is a free spirit). She loves to have her hair done as soon as she gets up, but as soon as we come home from the stores for the day she takes it out. Yesterday she got a princess game, one that she was suppose to get for her birthday but never came. Anyways she spent the afternoon dressing up Dave and I with crowns, braclets and rings from her game. We just sat on the couch and watched our show as she dressed us up. It made me laugh. Today she tried to put on makeup blue eyeshadow and bright pink lipstick to wear to church. She loves her breakfast, actually right now she loves breakfast around 7 then again at 9. She sings all the time and loves to put on shows in the living room. Also this week we let her paint her own fingernails. She spent quite a few minutes in the bathroom putting on a color then wiping it off with a towel we gave her. Oh man does she love her nails painted. Shells and Cheese are one of her favorite meals so the other day she helped me cook them, set the table and couldn't wait the 20 minutes they had to boil. We praised her for her cooking abilities. She also is a gentlemen at times and if she doesn't open the door for us then she says we have to wait for a gentlemen so cute. Love her to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment