Wednesday, September 28, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!

I was going to write dave a personal letter, but I felt that I would put it on the blog, because if I put it on a simple piece of paper it gets lost and I want my kids to remember why I love ther daddy so much.

Dear Dave,
Happy 34th Birthday according to Brianna. I wasn't sure how old you were. Seriously though I know you have to work all day today, but I want you to know how much I love you and why. There are many reasons why but I this last year the word strong comes into my head. You are strong in many ways. You are a strong in the gospel. I love that you have a testimony and love of the savior. I love that you honor your priesthood and give our children and myself blessings. I love that you always fufill your church callings. You are physically strong. You definately can do all the man work around here and I love it. You are always fixing things, lifting things, taking care of things and etc. Love it. I disagree with my dad I know you can lift the snow blower into the attic. J/K you know he was kidding and loves you tons. While these Strengths are awesome, there is a different Strength that I have seen from you this year. Dave the kids are throwing your birthday balloons at my head, maybe to make me laugh because as I write this I am tearing up a little. I have to say that I always knew you were amazing and that you could do anything you put your mind to, but this last year I learned so much more about the qualities, abilities and strength you really have been blessed with. Dave at a very young age you were faced with things that most do not have to face in a lifetime. You loved your mom and dad so much and have endless memories with them. But when your dad passed away it was no question in your mind that you would care for your mother. Dave I know you have heard this many times but again I want the kids to know this. You were so selfless and mature during this time. While it was hard you still balanced work, church, your mom and each one of us. You tried to take care of all of these things and gave all you had to these categories. Your concerns were towards making sure we all were ok and that your dad would know that we loved your mom and would do anything we could for them. I think you thought little of yourself during that time. You were suffering from losing your father, but put all of your energy into what needed to be done. Dave those few months taught me so much about you. You are a selfless giant. Thank you for your example. You have an incredible amount of inner strength and abilities. My love for you is deep and I am grateful that I have the privelage of calling you my husband and father of my children, besides you make me laugh almost everyday. Love you tons hun. Happy Birthday Love always Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment