Thursday, April 21, 2011

Moving on....Mostly

We have finished cleaning mom and dad's house along with Dan and Shalee and the renter's will move in this weekend. The last 7 months have been crazy. Finishing the cleaning is somewhat closing a chapter-it was sad to see the house empty for the last time. I think going over there gave me peace, because I was still close to mom and dad's stuff-and frustration because of all their junk, but at least it was their junk and cleaning the house helped me still feel close to them. Our lives have been centered around mom and dad the last seven months in one way or another-and I wouldn't have it any other way. I miss mom and dad terribly, and I think they will always be present in my mind, not in a drag me down way, but in a loving help me to always remember them way (don't know how to explain it-I know it sounds weird),but am also mostly excited and ready for a fun summer, to give us all some other things to focus on. We need to do a little relationship building within our little unit. Melanie and I are going on a little get away next weekend and are excited. My kids who have been the best little kids I could ask for are in for a great summer. We have an awesome list planned and I just want to see them be little kids and have fun. Many times we were cleaning at the house and they had to fend for themselves, not to mention they miss grandma and grandpa too and have had some struggles dealing with them being gone. It's time to bond and build our little family unit again. We are planning a party hard summer with lots of great things and I am really looking forward to going and playing on the weekends rather than cleaning and I think mom and dad would want it to be that way too. Bring it on summer 2011!








3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great summer with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys deserve the most awesome summer EVER. Your little family is absolutely amazing and we love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun. You definitely deserve to take some time for you and your family. Can't wait to see what's in store for you.

    ReplyDelete